Patio Design & Installation in Northern Virginia, Maryland & Washington, DC
Custom-Designed Patios in McLean, Great Falls, Vienna & Nearby Areas
Spring is finally here! After a long day at work, it’s nice to return home and relax. Imagine this — you come home from work, grab your beverage of choice and dinner, and head out back to your custom-designed patio.
Sounds pretty nice, right? This doesn’t have to be a fantasy! Wheat’s Landscape can design and install a functional and beautiful patio you and your family can enjoy on those warm summer nights.
Don’t put off your landscape project this spring. Let Wheat’s Landscape turn your Northern Virginia home’s backyard into a picturesque outdoor space.
Contact us for professional patio design and installation services!
Want to see pictures of outdoor patio designs to get ideas for your space? Get inspired by our patio landscaping portfolio! »
Types of Outdoor Patios
Schedule a consultation online today.
When designing your custom patio, there are a few flooring options you can choose from, including:
- Brick: Brick allows you to create patterns such as herringbone, alternating bricks on a 90-degree angle, or a pinwheel design, which forms a square with four regular-sized bricks and a half brick in the middle.
- Tile: Looking for something with a unique sense of beauty? Ceramic and porcelain tiles make for a distinctive patio.
- Poured concrete: Made of cement, sand, gravel, and water, poured concrete is a manipulative semi-liquid that can be formed into almost any shape or size. With this versatile yet simple option, you can create a specifically shaped patio and add landscaping around the concrete to spruce it up!
- Concrete pavers: These can be compared to a mix of poured concrete and brick. Concrete pavers are made of dense concrete compacted to form individual pieces that mimic brick or stone — but for a lower price. Paver patio installation is a great choice for homeowners on a budget or with small spaces for a patio.
- Stone: For a picture-perfect look, consider installing a stone patio. Stone looks beautiful when contrasted with nature because of its natural hues. This patio flooring option is also one of the most durable, which is a major benefit considering it needs to withstand the elements!
In addition to these flooring options, we can also build awnings and other structures to create covered patio designs that keep your family shaded and cool.
Need help determining which patio material is the best choice for your Northern Virginia backyard? From design to installation, our experts can bring your vision to life.
Contact your local Fairfax patio contractors at Wheat’s Landscape today!
Benefits of Professional Patio Installation & Design
A professionally designed patio offers more advantages than creating a beautiful space to enjoy your backyard. A few of these benefits include:
- Increased property value: If you ever put your Northern Virginia home on the market, the addition of a well-designed patio will likely increase your home’s value.
- Expanded living space: Ever throw a gathering at your house that was a bit too cramped? With an outdoor patio, there is more room for your guests to mingle. A patio essentially gives you another room during the long summer months.
- Reduced energy cost: By adding an outdoor living space, you can save on your summer cooling bills. After all, you’re not adding all that cooking heat to the interior of your home since you’ll be outside grilling.
Don’t settle for just any patio installer — contact the patio landscaping experts at Wheat’s Landscape today! We’re experienced in creating outdoor living spaces the whole family can enjoy.
Create a Complete Outdoor Living Space
Think of your backyard as a canvas. There are a variety of ways you can decorate it to your liking. At Wheat’s Landscape, we strive to provide a range of options to create your one-of-a-kind landscape. Along with custom outdoor patio design and installation, we also design and install:
- Outdoor kitchens
- Outdoor bars
- Outdoor fireplaces
- Landscape lighting
- Pergolas and gazebos
- Custom retaining walls
- Pool houses
- And more!
Northern Virginia’s Patio Design & Installation Experts
Adding a backyard patio is an investment you want to be able to enjoy for years to come. Done properly, your outdoor patio area should be as beautiful 10 years from now as it is when you first install it.
Allow our design and installation team at Wheat’s to transform your backyard into an outdoor entertainment area for you, your family, and your guests to enjoy. We specialize in patio design and installation and have helped Northern Virginia homeowners enhance the exterior of their homes since 1978.
Whether you want to add a patio, outdoor kitchen, or outdoor fireplace, Wheat’s Landscape can help with all your outdoor living needs! Let us take your patio ideas and turn them into reality.
Patio Installation FAQs
How much does it cost to install a patio?
The cost of patio installation depends on several factors, including the size, materials, options, and add-ons you select and the amount of labor involved. A small, basic patio made from concrete or pavers may be relatively inexpensive, while a large patio with slate, flagstone, bench seating, or an outdoor kitchen may be significantly more costly.
For an accurate quote, talk to our experts about the features and options you’d like to include.
Can I install a patio in a small backyard?
Yes, a patio can be installed even in a small backyard — with careful planning and preparation, as well as a good design. At Wheat’s Landscape, our experts can design the ideal patio for your yard, large or small, and help you select the best options for your needs and budget.
Is a permit required to install a patio?
It depends on the size and scope of the job, as well as the local rules and regulations for your home in the DC area. If the patio requires only laying down a few pavers and minor landscaping, a permit may not be necessary. If the grade has to be changed, retaining walls added, stairs are required, or other major changes are necessary, a permit may be required.
At Wheat’s Landscape, we can determine if a permit is required and work with you to ensure everything is done according to local codes and regulations.
How will a patio affect my backyard?
Besides creating a dedicated space to enjoy your yard and entertain friends, a patio can affect how your yard drains and the runoff that occurs during a storm. A skilled designer is required to ensure that your patio will not cause water damage to your home or erosion in your yard.
At Wheat’s Landscape, our team will design and install your patio while taking great care to ensure it drains effectively and won’t cause damage to your yard or surrounding structures.