About Wheat's Landscape
Wheat's Landscape is the largest, full service landscape company in Northern Virginia. Our primary service areas in Virginia include: McLean, Great Falls, North Arlington, Oakton, Vienna, City of Falls Church, Washington DC and Potomac MD.
Wheat's was established by Mike Wheat in McLean, Virginia in 1978. The business has evolved from a family lawn care service to a full service design/build, and maintenance landscape company serving high-end residences. Having grown up in the area that now supports their business, Wheat's is committed to improving and giving back to the community through a number of different volunteer projects and yearly Student Volunteer Scholarships.
Several years ago, Wheat's developed its Care to Share Program. Through this program, Wheat's reaches out to individuals in the community who are physically or financially unable to maintain their landscapes. Wheat's works with community members who have fallen ill or who have been called overseas, during our nations time of need, by donating time and basic materials to enhance their landscape. Wheat's also offers a Student Volunteer Scholarship to graduating high school students who actively volunteer in community service. Additionally, Wheat's actively volunteers work with local volunteer fire departments, youth sports, schools and government to support a wide range of community efforts. Wheat's has received national recognition at the Professional Landcare Networks (PLANET) Green Industry Conference in Orlando, Florida with a Community Service Award for its Care to Share Program.
Wheat's Landscape is continuously recognized by both industry and community professionals alike. Industry awards include: the Top 100 Green Industry Companies (in the USA) rated by Landscape Management and the Landscape Contractors Associations Excellence in Landscape award and Distinction award.
Community awards include: McLean Business of the Year and the Community Builder Award and the prestigious Blue Diamond Award that distinguishes businesses that provide “High quality customer service above and beyond industry standards.”. Additionally, Wheat's was granted the Champion of Character and the Fairfax County Volunteer Service awards (both presented by Fairfax County Government).
Through quality customer service and giving back to the community, Wheat's has established itself as a benchmark in the industry; providing highly personalized service beyond that of your average landscape company. Wheat's continuously reaches its goal to raise the bar within the Green Industry by providing outstanding quality, personalized service and sincere professionalism to all of the companys stakeholders.
- Grand Award for Residential Maintenance by LCA (Landscape Contractors Association)
- Award of Distinction in Design Build from LCA (Landscape Contractors Association)
- "Top 100 Companies To Make Your Life Easier", Washingtonian
- "Top 100 Green Industry Companies", Landscape Management
- Rated #1 by Washington Consumer Guide
- Rated #1 in Sun Gazette Consumer Survey
- Mclean Business Man of the Year
- Community Spirit Award
- Blue Diamond Award
- The Professional Landcare Network (PLANET)
- LCA (Landscape Contractors Association)
- The Irrigation Association
- Northern Virginia Nurserymen Landscapers Association
- American Nursery and Landscape Association
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- The International Society of Arboriculture
- McLean Chamber of Commerce